Welcome to Prosper, Texas!
It can be tough to switch high schools mid-stream. A little intimidating. A little overwhelming. The Mighty Eagle Band Family will help make your transition easier! Band can provide an instant community and a sense of belonging to transfer students (and their parents).
What do I do next?
- Get registered! Contact the PHS Registrar as soon as possible and set up an appointment to get registered for school and classes. Typically, the Registrar's office is open until mid-June, and then again starting in early/mid-July. Be sure to read the Prosper ISD website carefully about required documentation, immunizations, etc. Prosper ISD
- You'll get your PHS Student ID#. KEEP THIS HANDY. You will need your Student ID # to fill out any Band Forms and Agreements and pay band fees.
- Contact Mr. Holt (Head Band Director) when your move is definite to coordinate an audition (primarily for concert band placement).
- Once you're registered for Band class, you'll be able to set up your account in Charms, our band management system where all private and personal information is kept. Through Charms, you'll be able to manage your account/contact information, download forms and music, and access the Band Calendar.
- SUMMER BAND (required) traditionally starts the last week in July for student leaders, incoming freshmen, transfer students, percussion, and guard. Summer Band ends the evening before the first day of school. Bring a water jug, some high-quality athletic shoes, sunscreen, hat, and cool summer clothing and get ready to be a part of The Mighty Eagle Band! Detailed information will be distributed about Summer Band as the dates get closer.
- Your participation in Summer Band will depend on your transfer/move date. If you won't be in town by the start of Summer Band, please contact the Band Director(s) to discuss your personal situation.